Friday, October 21, 2011

Time Out

I got put in time out...I was completely down for the count for a week. Started with a fever and head cold symptoms on Monday, then Tuesday I realized I couldn't work cause my cough and voice wouldn't work 6 hours. Wednesday I went to the Dr and was taken off work through Friday got put on antibiotics for sinus infection and ear infection. By Friday I was still now well so the Dr extended the work leave through Sunday. That is 7 whole days off work!!!
This also meant 7 days of no gym!!!
That is by the longest break I have ever taken off from any excercise of any kind. Add to that I really slacked off the week before, I felt like I was losing my drive!
What bad timing I felt like! I JUST signed up for the biggest race yet! I've blogged about it and talked about it for years now-LAVAMAN 2012. I have thought about joining Team in Training and raising money for the Leukemia Society in memory of my brother.
I was a good girl and rested rested rested AND it turned out that it gave me lots of time to take care of some stuff that I probably would have not been able to do for awhile.
I set up my fundraising website, sent out some emails, got started on my fundraiser planning.
I also used the time to mentally regroup myself. I had totally fallen off the good eating train! I have gained 13 pounds back from what I lost. It is so frustrating and disappointing to allow myself to backslide so far. I decided that I was gonna hit the ground running once I was well.
I thought about my success in the past and the will power and determination I had. I also know what worked to keep me on track was my food journal! I also never missed a work out! Yet just a week ago I skipped a few!
I am not kicking myself for my relapse at all...I understand it happens. BUT I also know I need to get back in "the zone". I want to do this next triathlon lean and fitter then ever.
I got a food journal because the iPhone apps I tried to use just arent time effective for me. I commited to starting Monday. It went well for the whole week (well better then I have been) I made more workouts AND I have donations coming in from my website.
I reflected on my time out and there was so much good that came from it. The first thing was the amount of time I got to be with my kids so much! I definitely enjoyed not having to go to work, too bad I couldn't do much else then lay on couch. I spent a lot of time thinking about my brother and why I am doing all this. I am of course doing it for me to be healthier and happier but also to honor my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment