Saturday, March 17, 2012

Taken out in the prime of my life...

Ok so maybe I'm not in the prime of my life ummm maybe I am...what does that even mean? What it meant to me this week was I was sick & being melodramatic (who me?!?!) & whined to my cousin that exact phrase.
I felt like I smashed last weekend! Practice tri, 1/2 marathon & ocean swim I didn't finish first at any of them BUT I did it all.
Come Monday my BODY felt smashed! I felt like I had done it all. In tri-Kate style I planned (note MY plan) to take Monday off (honestly cause I had my kids so 5:30am work out was not an option anyway). I rested took care of my son who was sick & got ready for a week of more training!
Now we learn God's plan. Tuesday I got up & was driving to the gym at 5:30am I got maybe 1/2 mile from my home when a queasy feeling struck me. Ok normally I would keep going...did I finally listen to that still small voice that said don't go you are sick YES! The thought crossed my mind maybe my son had not eaten some bad food & had a stomach bug that I could possibly have. Going to the gym with my lovely work out buddies touching weights, mats, bosu balls, machines etc would spread this everywhere! Well thank God (literally) I listened. I spent 2 days IN BED! No joke 2 full days laid up. All I could stomach was jello, applesauce & saltines. & that hurt my belly as it was. I was so weak & sleepy. I slept more in 2 days then I probably do in a normal week.
Isn't that how God works? He knows me so well the only way to get me to rest is to take me out in the prime of my life.
In the end I took mon-thur off. I missed sand intervals, a bike ride. I made it to Friday morning cove swim. I felt 99% & really had to get out there to try my sleeveless wetsuit that I want to use for Lavaman. It was freezing!!!! I mean this was an especially cold day for the cove anyway. It took some time for everything to finally numb & then it turned out to be a great swim. I hate admitting that swimming in the ocean has become as refreshing to me as a good long run...it's almost up there with fishing or being out on the water. Wait change that...I don't hate to admit that-I said I was going to work at this until I was good at it. Well I did I put in so much time at Ventura cove & la jolla shores & the cove! I did this I put my faith in God that he wouldn't let me fail (or die) and did my part & there you go.
I'm back in the prime of my life :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I knew you when you were in the prime of your life!!!

    ReplyDelete