Thursday, May 3, 2012

The frugal triathlete

I'm continually amazed in my life how I'm able to live the life of abundance I do when I'm a single income providing for my family of 3. I'm constantly facing the choice of working different hours, job, putting kids in public school, spending more time working OT so that we can be more comfortable. As of late I seem to be working less hours then ever (yes feeling the pinch) but not going with out.
Triathlon is NOT a cheap sport. Seems every time I start to doubt if I should be investing my time to this, let alone money God shows me He will provide where He wants us to be.
So many things have been provided for my training at little or no cost. I have to say I do my due diligence & shop smart as well. But other things have been generously given to me.
Can I make a list?
I know I talked about the discount I got on my wetsuit & bike. I've got some cycle clothing at warehouse sale & used from a teammate. All for fraction of regular cost. Just used gift certificate for new bike pump & water bottles. I got a TON of free water bottle! Someone gave me a bike computer! A friend gave me aero bars & the bike shop installed them FREE! I got my new tires on clearance. I've done almost every race free or discounted!
I could go on & on & on but the point is I AM BLESSED.
God gives me the desires of my Jett according to His will.
& I feel like He continues to bless me because I do work so hard at being mindful of what I spend.

1 comment: