Tuesday, October 5, 2010

CLAPPERS!!!

Ok so my plan is to be do more than just boot camp 3 days a week. BUT I'm so sore inbetween & TIRED I haven't been doing anything else. I guess I get busy too. Noooo I can't use that as an excuse cause I was just as busy during my race training and made it to the gym.
I have to have my sitter stay over Sundays nights because I have my kids. It is not cheap so I suppose I'm definitely committed & dedicated. It actually helps so much having my workout & shower done before the kids get up. Leaves plenty of time for school, errands, napping, etc.
So this Monday my buddy from clas wasn't there. We did the normal warm up of lunges, kicks, crawls back & forth across the gym. That in itself exhausts me!!! Its so hard!!! I want to get pictures at some point. Then we did weight. Everyone got a weight bar & these people piled on the weight! I put 10 lbs on each side of the bar. I know better then to go big! So we did jumping squats with the bar behind our shoulders. For 1 minute intervals for 3 sets! Then we did forward squats with a press. (Hard to describe & I dropped 10 lbs before this one. This stuff is NOT EASY! I am really pushing myself beyond anything I have ever done. Then we got those bands. This newer older lady partnered up with me. We were to do 3 clappers ( a push up with a clap inbetween) 3 high jumps then sprint across the gym. The partner was supposed to help with the clap by pulling up on the bands. Yeah my partner was NOT helping so I was NOT clapping AND.... The teacher came over and yelled at me!!!! He said "everyone does clappers!! You can do this!!" He grabbed the bands & made me do them!!! We did some arm workouts with the bands then abs. While it is all hard I'm doing more & more each time before I feel like stopping or that I will die!
Today though my legs were sooooo sore UGH! I was so determined not to let it stop me though. I got up & went to swim laps! Not very many maybe 500 yards but I hit the jacuzzi too! I felt like I pulled a muscle getting out of the pool & for a second was worried but it feels ok! Tomorrow is run day so I'm hoping & praying! I'm ready!

1 comment: