Thursday, February 9, 2012

catching up

I think that I have a lot going on and I need a place to sort it all out...so you my blog reader will have to suffer through this one! & since we haven't chatted enough lately maybe you will feel caught up :p

First of all my new years resolutions...wow I am like the strongest person until I let go once. Then I have the hardest time getting back on track. I know this about myself which is why I usually don't allow for wiggle room but I have failed on numerous new years declarations. Oatmeal everyday I did sooooo good until I stopped at a friends on errands and she made me eggs. Since that day I think I have had my oatmeal like 3 times (& this was weeks ago) UGH How do I allow this to happen! This was hugely important to me because of my stomach issues and weight loss. I want to pull this one back together.
Abs at work on break was another one I was good with, well sporadic but I was doing it, then it just got easier to sit and do nothing. Again for my physical well being and training purposes I need to get on it.
I have cheated so much on good healthy eating! Money has been very tight, hopefully that will change soon. I have struggled keeping fresh fruit and veggies on hand. I did good for a few weeks even started juicing and then ran outta food and money.
Bible reading has been fizzling out too aaaaahhhhhhh! I was even listening to it and that was awesome and then I got stupid lazy & tired. This one is a must to get back on. With all I have going on in life and with my health I NEED to be on point with my walk.

Fundraising is going VERY WELL. Which actually worries me! I am so close to being done with the Lavaman fundraising and then stupidly signed up for another race. People are not going to be as generous with this next race. It is going to get a lot harder. Luckily I have some great ideas and hopefully with God's direction all will come together.

Training is going way better then I expected but boy time is flying! I remember looking at the schedule at the beginning of the season thinking there was no way I could do any of this and here I am just 6 weeks away from leaving! Its not a good day to be writing about training cause a week ago I would of gone on and on how far I have come and how excited I am to be doing this. This week is a totally different story. This week I have just been TIRED! I really hit the gym hard Monday and Tuesday. My friend Kathy was leaving for what will probably end up being 3 weeks and we worked really hard. I definitely over did it. I was so sore! Between my normal life as mom, teacher, employee I am drained but add to it the hard core training and even more hard core fundraising...I am spent. I nearly had a complete throw in the towel break down last night! Luckily I had planned on having my cousin/best friend/other half & Christian my good friend over prior to this. Just spending time eating, laughing & drinking really lifted my spirits. I woke up with all the same problems today but I just keep thinking about the good laughs and good times last night. I also keep thinking HAWAII!!! Once the race is done I will have days to relax, regroup, spend time with my cousin and enjoy a vacation!
I have really been trying to work on my open water swimming. I have seen improvements for sure. I have yet to return to La Jolla Cove and attempt that again. Coach Brian keeps sending emails that the surf is going to be high. I do not need another unsuccessful swim there on my psyche. I also remind myself I have every Friday for the rest of my life to go swim the cove as there is people from the tri club there every week. I have been to Ventura Cove in the bay no less then 6 times. I have definitely gotten use to the salt water. I'm at the point of trying to work on my form in the water as opposed to just trying to survive! I haven't been on my bike in a few weeks because we did the race last week. I haven't been to spin either. I had every intention to do it...but...well I didn't! Today was the only day I had a real reason, my son was sick :( Some how I have a 40 mile bike ride this weekend. Not sure how to handle it. At least I can now drink water while I am riding, this week I will have to figure out how to take in gu or something too! That is a long ride! I am no where near as fear as I was when I started out! I remember looking at the schedule this weekend thinking there was no way I could ever ride 40 miles. I think the longest ride we did was 33 miles? I know that I will be able to do this (won't be walk in the park) but I know I can do it! This is the longest ride of the season, once I finish this I will feel very accomplished and ready for our Lavaman ride for sure!
I think that is about all of my ranting for now. I have a lot going on personally that I won't cover in the blog but wow is my plate FULL! just keep repeating Hawaii, Hawaii, Hawaii...it will be here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment