Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Race #3







This was another race that sort of came up as a surprise! I had not planned on doing it. It was a practice race coach had wanted team to do. I was reluctant cause I have enough going on and didn't want to pay for the race. I took a chance and contacted the race coordinator and asked if I could volunteer in exchange for a bib. She said yes and allowed me to come before the race at 5:30am to help. That was the good news. The bad news was I had to work until midnight the night before. I ended up getting out at 11:30 but still it was a night of very little sleep.





Coach had the team meet and do all kinds of warming up pre-race. It was a lot actually. I have never seen people warm up so much prerace but besides our team I saw some other people doing it. I think it is what fast people do? We ran a lot and did sprints and stretching and skipped! I was getting tired pre-race! I also had to make a pre race pit stop in a bush! The bathroom line was insane and coach gave us a big lecture about missing the race start for going to the bathroom!





I ended up running with a team mate Lisa. Another team mate tried to run with us but fell behind. I kinda wanted to fall behind but Lisa wouldn't let me! It was almost harder to do this 10k then it was to do the 1/2 marathon the week before! It shows you how important rest is and how it makes a difference.

I ended up finishing in 1:04:48 which is my fastest 10k time. I was so happy and it was very satisfying once it was over.

I have to admit it was fun doing a race with the team. I really didnt expect to enjoy it like I did. It was fun seeing my team members out there on the course. Coach was riding his bike encouraging everyone.

If this was a little taste what our actual race will be like I am definitely excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment