Friday, February 3, 2012

Race #2 of 2012

I figure I better write this blog before I do race #3 tomorrow!
This was a special race. I had missed the chance to sign up for this one, I didn't have the $ & them it sold out. So many of my friends were doing it & I felt left out!
The Tinkerbell 1/2 marathon
It was a big race in that it was super popular & @ Disneyland, an inaugural race & the best medal ever! If your into bling ;)
Anna decided not to do the race & allowed me to fill in for her. I didn't an it out too well cause it was last minute but I'm glad God ultimately has my back! MY PLAN: drive up in early morning for 5:45am start time try to find my friends. The much better plan my friend graciously offered for me to stay at their hotel for the night & get over to race start with them in the morning. Not only was this a great plan when I got to the room they had the most amazing view of the Disneyland fireworks from their window! It was such a cool way to start the race!
I got a good nights sleep on the pull out bed in the hotel room sofa. It was fun getting ready for the race all together in the early morning. We took a long walk to the start. I had to muscle my way past a volunteer into the corral with my friends. I'm lucky he didn't disqualify me! My bib was the last corral E & my friends we B there is no way I could of caught up with them. & starting in the back would but me finishing in the heat :(
Disney definitely does everything top notch. The start line was amazing. We ran pretty much right into Disneyland at the start looping around the park & behind the scenes. There was parade floats set up & characters around the park to take pictures with. They also had employees hanging out cheering for us. About mile 2-3 the race went out on the street. That was boring but necessary to come up with the mileage. We had stopped a few times in the park & walked after taking pictures. We sort of ran walked out way through the miles. Enjoying chatting & taking pictures.
Not much to talk about this part of race except that I LOVED being back with Stacey! To go from running every Saturday morning longing so many miles to not has been hard.
I will tell you that after my brutal Saturday training with TNT (spirit week comes to an end just the day before!). I was not minding taking the race easy & fun . Something got into me at mile 10 & I got my energy & legs back! I didn't use my music or runkeeper the whole race cause I forgot to charge my phone! I wish I could see what pace I ended up running & done my classic put in both earbuds for the strong finish! I booked it those last 3 miles! It felt so good! I can't believe how much I love running! Not only that but I love the feeling of finding that hidden storage of umph at the end. When you have spent time convincing yourself you have nothing then prove yourself wrong! Once I passed the 13 mile marker I hauled butt & sprinted that finish!!!!
It felt good to finish strong & then I grabbed some nourishment & headed out to the race route to find my friends! I ended up seeing all of then around the same part (right before mile 13) & got to run with them! Definitely a highlight to see them & their finish!
This was by far one of the best races I've had! Not because of personal excellence or triumph but just cause it was so fun & enjoyable! Even with all the pixie fairies around!












No comments:

Post a Comment