Monday, June 14, 2010

blogging isn't as easy as I thought...

I thought it would be easy to jot a note about each workout after I did them...not when I'm a busy, working, training single mom with way to much on her schedule as it is!
So another lesson learned.
I had such a rough week of workouts! I read in the Ebook I printed out for training for your first tri that it takes double the time to get back your fitness when you take time off. SO TRUE!! I took a week or two...ok like 3 off after the last race & I swear I am still not back where I was!!
Let me go backwards through the last few work outs...
Yesterday Sunday was actually supposed to be a rest day but I've been so crappy all week I figured I could use another day. I ended up throwing my bike in the car when I left to take some stuff to my parents. I didn't have my kids & there is a lake by their house that I can ride at. It is 5 miles around the lake. Which I actually had a rough time getting around once! BUT me being me I went for a second lap. Funny the second lap almost seemed easier (go figure). That 10 mile bike ride was just what I needed to feel back in the saddle...uh and a little saddle sore OUCH! I made a mental note I need padded bike shorts! & a new helmet (I had to use my dad's extra harley weenie looking helmet).
Saturday I woke up with horrible stomach cramps! (This is the second time after fri nite sushi I woke up sick!) So another lesson I am limiting Sushi (and beer) to one nite a month for training puposes.
This was supposed to be my big run day! 4.5 miles!!! I sucked it up & went for it. Turns out the tredmill shuts down after an hour & with my 15min mile & slowing down for abdominal cramping I only got 3.5 or so in an hour. I started back up and got to 4 miles but tuckered out in the end. I was still happy I got a good long jog in (let's be honest that can not be called running).
Friday was a classic lesson learned!! Thurs I worked on Laundry & things around the house. My fishing plans for Friday had been cancelled so I decided skip the workout Thurs & do it Fri....well the urge to fish wouldn't subside Thurs nite so I arranged a sitter for Fri morning. The lesson: don't put off todays workout for tomorrow because that is dumb!!! So Friday I got only 4 hrs sleep hopped on the boat @ 630am got home around 1. Took the sitter home went to gym & did 2 exhausting miles!! OMG I was sooo tired!! Never again will I put it off (note: haven't made it to the gym today as I write this warning to myself HA).
So Wed. was about cardio/endurance I wanted to do 20 tredmill, 20 bike 20 eliptical. I ended up 20 tredmill & 25 bike. I'm just getting so tired much easier! Finding it hard to push throught those moments.
I am going to work this new diet plan in the hopes it will help in the training areas! I will write about the new plan soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment