Friday, April 8, 2011

Challenging week

It funny I am not currently signed up for or training for a triathlon haha!!! It has been awhile since I didn't have a tri looming! I do have a full marathon to run in 8 weeks!!!
It has been hard not to sign up for the super sprint triathlon in mission bay! It's in a couple weeks & a month before the marathon. It was the first race I did last year. I think it would be so fun to do it again! I had no clue what I was doing last year and it I a short race! Tri-Kate thinks she can easily do a long run on Saturday then bust out a mini-tri Sunday haha!!! The race is 250 meter swim, 6 mile bike, 1.5 mile run (as I'm typing this I'm convincing myself even more to do it- who am I ?!?!) There is a sprint distance race too but that would require more focused training!
The thing is as the marathon looms (@ 8 weeks away it looms- very dramatic). I realize that I must focus on running, getting mileage and I AM doing ANOTHER weight loss challenge!!!!
This time I am not going quite as all out or the challenge. Last time I adjusted my work hours, hired extra childcare, worked out with Jason 6 times a week & did spin, swam, and my long runs!!!
This time I am not moving my work hours, Jason is no longer the instructor for Boot Camp @ the Y :( (he is doing boot camp for a fee through his private company b Cubed fitness- which I can't afford to attend).
SO I'm trying to focus on my runs, team challenge we meet tues & thurs 5:30 am. I LOVE my spin instructor Ronnie Mondays at 8 am. This week I also went to Jason's spin class thurs. I only got to boot camp this week once. (today actually it was tough cause I am sore from working with Jason!!)
My mid-week run was the big deal to me this week. And for the next 8 weeks I really wanna get those miles in!!! I was facing some obstacles! The dreaded treadmill!! I love doing my long runs (no all my runs) outside!! I self talked myself into making the run happen! I went to the other Y where the treadmill stays on for 60 min (not 30 min like mine) I got there & due to spring break there was a wait (& a long wait at that) for childcare!!! Everything is so planned to the minute that something like this messed me up! I needed to hit Costco and be to work early!! Luckily I was able to regroup & get a new plan. I left gym, went to Costco & was able to drop off the kids with their Dad AND go for a run outside!!!!
It was even better cause I decided to do something I have been so scared to do!! I ran up the giant hill next to my house!!! I wasn't gonna have enough time to run my whole 7 miles but I was gonna go as far as I could in the time I had! I also had talked to my friend Deana who lives up that hill before I left & she offered the option that if I ran to her house her son could always drive me home!! I liked that plan!!! So I headed up the hill! I can't begin to describe how good it feels to start at the bottom of a hill like that a hit the top!!!!! I ended up making it to her house way faster then I imagined!!! Turns out it is only 2.82 mules away (got cool new gps run keeper app on phone) I had plenty if time to head back AND the trip home was all down hill!!! I drank some ice water and booked it home!!! The run was just under 6 miles but a much needed confidence boost!
Next up I have a 15 mile run!!!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment