Monday, April 4, 2011

San Diego Striders....

I have to admit I'm a little disappointed with my YMCA running club. I think I posted before that the previous coach left the Y & started a new business on her own. The striders coach (my running club) is new to San Diego so she is not familiar with the area or the runs. While we are supposed to have aide stations set up on the runs, they never are. The coach is always late, as are most the other members, so we never get started on time...I am not venting people I'm telling you the facts.
So this past Saturday was no acception, I needed to get running on time cause I wanted to get a minimum of 10 miles but hoped for 11. Yeah right... We didnt get going until 7:30. (supposed to be 7) and after we stretched it was 7:45!!!
I don't know what was more distressing at this point, starting late or looking down and seeing this



I got ready for my run in the dark & put on mismatched shoes EEK!!!
Going home to change was not an option, running another day either...so I just went for it!
I was slow as usual and at the end of the pack even with 2 newbies.
The girl I was following took a wrong turn and got us all lost! So they just made their own route, newbies were running 6 & the other girl 8. I quickly lost them all!!! So now I was lost and alone on Coronado island! I ended up finding a street that was on the directions but must have gone the wrong way cause I ended up at the start only having run 5 miles! I had about 45 minutes left so I kept running the way we started and decided to go 1.5 then back. I ran into the girl who had got me lost (she had gotten lost too). I turned around & ran back with her. On the way back along the bay I spotted some bottle nose dolphins I showed her (THAT was COOL)!!
When we got back to the start I had run 7 miles & was out of time. Had we started on time I could have made 10 miles that day (disappointed). It was a beautiful run! Coronado is amazing & I would love to go back for another long run (maybe even do the Coronado Half marathon?).
I'm just bummed cause I definitely need to build up to my marathon distance & there is not much time left for it! 8 weeks left leaves no room for missing mileage!
I snapped pics on the run...I always wish I could take more but the point IS to run not take pics to blog ;)







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I'm usually late, but my shoes match. Which pair did you mean to put on? Nike or Asics?

    ReplyDelete