Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Eve Boot Camp

this is Kleon...he is a lot of fun to have around
the sun finally came out in San Diego








Jason was wearing some SHORT shorts




Jingle Bell Run

Pulling tires for 15 minutes HARD WORK



Pulling Becky for 15 minutes also HARD WORK


Our group photo...quickly becoming a holiday/boot camp tradition
For the past almost 2 weeks (since my brother died) I have been having a very hard time with life in general. Which is to be expected. I got a bad migraine the day before he passed and since then suffered from almost a constant headache varying in severity. I knew it was related to stress/sadness. I was also just in a general funk....definitely did not want to do anything but lay in my bed. I certainly did not want to go to work. I spent the past 2 weeks going through the motions feeling like I was trying to reintroduce myself to normal life. I took my son to bowling, went to dinner with a friend, went to work, did the gym. Nothing felt right or good about any of it really. Thursday I did not want to work, the night before my headache had been so bad at work and I was just miserable having to be there. I left early and went to bed after I had slept all day!!
Luckily my doctor (who I love) had an appointment. I went to see her explained everything and she said sometimes a severe migraine can trigger a series of headaches like I had. She said if I took a shot it could break the cycle and hopefully relieve the pain. She also said given the circumstance everything I was experiencing was TOTALLY NORMAL!!! She also excused me from work that night. :-)
I have to say that the shot did exactly what she said and I have been pain free since then. Which was a good thing since we had Christmas Eve Boot Camp in the morning.
We did a 4 mile jingle jangle run (jingle bells on our shoes). I am telling you that no matter how hard I try I am the slowest everytime by a lot. I sure hope my running club and weight loss challenge help with this!!! No one ever makes me feel bad about my pace and Jason encourages me that I am doing good. Then we did drills, plyometrics (don't even really know what that means), ending with abs in the sand!!!
I have to say afterwards I felt incredible. Better then I have felt since I lost my brother!! I think the combo of no more headache and getting in a good tough butt kicking gave me some spark back.
I am sure this won't last forever but it was good to feel like my old self again.
I napped later in the day, went to Christmas Eve service and spent some time with good friends and yummy food. Too bad after such a great work out I ended the day with a huge piece of the most delicious tiramisu cake!!!
Merry Christmas!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment