Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Welcome to CRAZYTOWN

There is two parts to Crazytown....
my friend joined me for 5:30am Boot Camp today. On run day in less then 40 degree weather!!! So she joined all us crazy people!!!
The second part that is crazy is this woman I have watched transform herself (and her body) into a toned, tiny, amazing athlete said she had gotten into a rut for a few weeks and needed something to jump back into it and thought I know I will ask Katie.....WHAT?!?!?! Wow all I can say is that someone that I have looked up to and desired to follow in her lead joining me blew my mind.
Keep in mind even that she is still in much better shape than me so I explained before the run don't try to keep pace with me I am very slow. Just run your pace cause Jason peels back to get me (yes just me I told her). Lucky for her we did a flat 2 mile run (supposed to be quick but I slow the pace down). She of course ROCKED IT!! I was really tired today and had trouble getting going (plus it is COLD COLD COLD).
We got back to the gym and had plenty of time for drills. We did weights jump squats, front squats with press and rows. Then we did bands. I partnered with my friend and we did chest presses and then run backwards. The next drill was bear crawl and sprints. It was tough!!! Again she did awesome!!! It was a challenge for her but her fitness level is up there and she definitely held her own (and did better then me).
Then we did abs to end things off WHEW!!!
I definitely noticed a difference when I go work on less sleep. My shins felt much better today so it was probably good I took yesterday off. I think my insoles are helping too....although the tred on the bottom of my shoes is gone and I was sliding on the gym floor haha....
I'm praying for a "Christmas bonus" to get some much needed supplies, pay for races, the running club, etc
My friend said she will join me another run day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment