Tuesday, November 30, 2010

when in doubt (or pain)...just swim

I spend a lot of time @ work doing nothing...it gives me time to make lists, schedules, read (not a big reader), make crafty stuff (again don't really take advantage of this).
I did work out my new training schedule. It should work for now. Some things will have to change some down the road. I'm still hoping to join the running club through the YMCA to train for the marathon. I also wanna do this 6 wk weight loss challenge. If I get into those some changes will need to happen.
I'm trying to work a little less to leave more time for my kids & training & SLEEP
Today didn't go as planned. I got insoles for my shoes hoping they would prolong the life of my shoes & help my shin pain. I got to the tredmill & forgot my water bottle & headphones. I don't know why but stuff like that psychs me out. Then when I ran my shins just hurt. Could I have pushed myself & gotten it done? Yes...Did I? NO
I even had set out my gym stuff the night before & packed my swim stuff so I could swim after my run.
I bailed the tredmill after only .75 mile :-(
I did go get I'm my swim stuff on and did a half hour of laps. Swimming felt so good especially on my shins. At least I got a work out in.
I need to swim anyway I am so nervous about the swim in my next triathlon. Mostly getting back into the wetsuit!! I haven't had a successful wetsuit swim...its too constricting. Once you start to panic in the swim it all kinda falls apart...I know most of it is mental so I'm trying to thibk it all out & keep myself calm & confident about getting through the swim...
I think I can I think I can...

1 comment: