Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pick up the PACE

Well I have officially started my marathon training! The schedule is a 30 week plan that would actually begin next Monday BUT I tacked on an extra week.
I have made a schedule that includes my Boot Camp & Power Hour classes, followed by my run (except on Boot Camp run day). Or a swim, or bike ride. I am trying to get the circuit/strength training in there with my race training. In the beginning the distance is so minimal it should work.
The other thing I am doing is from the start right now increasing my run pace! I was always running at 4.5 miles per hour. I really believed that was it, all I had & I couldn't go faster.
I don't know if it is because my fitness improved or mentally I changed my mind BUT I ran a mile after class Monday @ 5 miles per hour and today I ran 1.5 miles @ that pace.
My motivation is strictly the marathon! I know the faster I run the faster I will be DONE!!!
I was amazed at how easy it was for me to run faster when I just put my mind to it!

Never in a million years would I have pictured these classes, these races would be so important or enjoyable to me but it really IS!!!

I thank God for giving me something I can have for myself that makes me feel the way this does :-)

1 comment:

  1. You are beyond words AWESOME, Katie! God bless you as you continue on this quest, Sister. xoxo

    ReplyDelete