Saturday, January 1, 2011

Last Chance Workout

As a fan of the Biggest Loser I always am amazed at how hard they push themselves at the "last chance workout" (their last workout before weighing in).
Well yesterday was the last workout of the year! BUT I called it my last chance workout!
I did something a little crazy...I went to 5:30am Boot Camp at the YMCA AND Jason did a New Year's Eve Boot Camp for his personal training company B cubed Fitness. Like the last few it was 2 hours BUT this time BOTH were kicked up a few notches!!!!
One other girl from class did both!! She said I challenged her by saying I was going to!
In the morning class Jason had said it was gonna be tough! Boy it was! I once again did something I had told myself I could never do!!!! Cartwheels hahahahaha. It is not that I have never done them in my life...just not when Jason incorporates them into class. I probably have not done a cartwheel since my pre-teens.
I just decided to go for it! & of course once I overcame my fear I did cartwheels back & forth the gym.
Then he had us do these Capoera twists, turns, kicks, cartwheels WHOA!! The whole workout was a killer & aparently I used some inner thigh muscles that I don't usually that were sore!
The afternoon workout was promised to be difficult!
We did a 6mile run!!! Now I did a 10k before so I knew I could run 6 miles but that was a flat easy course with a downhill end. This run we went through Balboa Park (literally through thr Prado) then we went down a trail to the bottom of Pershing Dr which while it is not a steep hill it is a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG hill!!!! I kept going & pushing myself as hard as I could yet I still end up so far behind! Jason always peels the crew back & says "your doing great" & high fives me! @ one point I decided just to high five everyone that came back for me LOL!!! I had my inhaler with me and I needed a puff half way through (which totally helped). Then we went down a little hill through a neighborhood to the bottom of UPAS it was "a bitch" Jason said! It was so steep!! He stayed with me as I could barely walk up it!!! I wanted to quit, sit & cry LOL. He ran up ahead for a minute & came back with Mike & 2 other of the insanely fit guys in class. (Mike was the one who subbed that day when Jason was sick & is always pushing me! Even during todays run he a few times would run a few steps ahead of me with his hands behind him for me to catch up & slap...except he would run just out of my reach so I really had to run hard)
Anyway they came back as I was barely putting one foot in front of the other & Mike says "I did not run back here for you to walk" gives me a little shove and I trotted to the top of the hill. Then we went along the same run we did Thanksgiving so I knew there was another hill in my future!! I was not able to run up it and again there was Jason pushing me (this time literally) and he wouldn't let me stop! Once we got to the top he says you know where we are at...yes I did. He said home stretch! Which was true it was just a flat straight run to where we started! It was so hard to finish!
Every part of my body hurt!!! A few times I swore I got some pep in my step but at the end I was so done. He had us sprint at the end and I literally couldn't run any faster! & we weren't done! We had drills after that! In true last chance workout style they were the hardest ever! NO JOKE!! He was yelling at all of us!! Especially me I was trying so hard but I was wasted! 2 boys actually stopped after the run. I certainly wanted to!!
I do have pictures but sadly I didn't get out group photo. I'm so bummed!!!
After the workout everyone was so ready to go! Mike said to me that I was so inspirational! (WHAT?!?!?! Me?!?! The slow fat girl) he said if nothing else your flawless attendance. I said I'm so slow he said that has nothing to do with it, you don't give up & you always show up. WOW to have someone I aspire to be like (an athlete) say that blew my mind!!

As for today 1/1/11 I took the day off!!! I am so sore & tired but amazed with myself. A year ago no way I would of ever believed if you told me I would hae completed 2 triathlons, a 10k, a boot camp regular, preparing for a triathlon, half & full marathon. Feeling stronger then I ever had in my life physically mentally & most of all spiritually.
The trials and struggles in life while overwhelming & sometimes sad get us to a place where we can look back & see we can conquer all...so long as we believe, never give up & most of all cling to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment