Monday, January 10, 2011

spin class

I spend a lot of time at work looking at my calendar. Re-working the schedule. It always needs a little adjusting.
It looks GOOD now!
I have Boot Camp M, W, F 530a Swim Tu. Th. I'm gonna start Tu, Th 530a weight loss challenge too! And my Saturday run club.
The only thing missing from this plan is the bike part of the tri-training!!!
So today I went to spin class. After a facebook poll, experts (my FB friends) said spin class can be a good training for cycling race.
The stationary bike never seemed to compare to actual biking. I can't get out on my bike for a ride right now because I need the gym childcare AND my bike needs tires.
Spin class is TOUGH! I'm so glad I got the guts to try it! It definitely mimicks cycling up and down hills, doing sprints & I went 20miles in an hour!!
The next order of business if deciding what to do for a bike for the race. I'm trying to get my hands on a loaner road bike or buy a used one. I will need something a few weeks out from the race so I can practice & get use to it. Mountain bikes are completely different and slower so I need at least a few rides before the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment