Saturday, February 19, 2011

7 mile run

I had a great week of training...I said in an earlier post everything is getting easier and I am feeling better and better!
I did kinda sorta feel a little bug coming on...BUT I was sure it was allergies. I did my two-a-day Friday boot camp and felt great. I was strong and doing things that a few weeks ago I swore I would never to again (like lunge jumps with the body bar).
Much to my disappointment later on Friday the illness took over and I was done. I had to get up in the morning for the running club AND I did. I was ready to walk out the door waiting for my kids Dad to arrive...............................he forgot........
I was so bummed and yes I should have headed back to bed BUT I am a mom first and foremost and the house needed to be cleaned!
I had a 10 hour shift after the house got clean. It was a loooooong day. I was so torn up about missing the run. Racking my brain how to incorporate a 7 mile run into my already crazy full schedule.
I am going to go tomorrow. I am sick so I hope I can do this! AND I hope to sweat out the illness!
The thing about it that is totally God is tomorrow is my brother's birthday. We are going wine tasting in a limo to celebrate (this is something he had wanted to do and we are doing it in him memory).
I remember the day of his funeral I went for a long run like 4-5 miles. It felt really good to do it that day. Maybe this is God's way of helping me deal with tomorrow?
Whatever His idea or plan is my Ipod is charged and I am gonna leave everything I got on the pavement tomorrow.

1 comment: