Sunday, February 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Noel

This post is a week over due...Last Sunday was my brother's 36th birthday. The days leading up to it were so much harder on me then I ever anticipated. The night before was the worst. I was alone (reminded me of the night he passed) I am always alone but sometimes it is just more forefront. I was crying and sad for my brother, my parents and watched his memorial video. I posted on my Facebook wall, on his Facebook wall...sigh...it was so hard.
I guess that is why it was a huge blessing that I didn't do my run the day before his birthday. I got up and went to the lake by my parents house, a place we had gone to so often as a family. I turned on my favorite worship music and took off. The lake is 5 miles around, so I ran to the 1 mile marker then back to the start then ran all the way around the lake to make 7 miles.
My first half of the run my pace was so fast! 11 minute miles! Then I slowed down and my average ended up 12 min per mile. I keep getting a cramp in my side when I run at around 3-4 miles. It seems to go away if I just keep going but I need to find out what it is. I also want to get a travel water bottle so I can keep water or gatorade for my runs with me.
I love running outside, I dont think I could run 7 miles on the tredmill for some reason I get tired and want to stop immeadiately, yet outside I can go forever!!
It helped so much to run, pray, praise, worship, think about memories, be sad, have joy, and talk to God about everything.
After the run I went wine tasting via limo in Temecula with my sister and cousins. We planned the trip in Noel's honor because it was something he had wanted to do. It turned out to be a wonderful day and I was so glad we all spent it together.
I miss my brother so much, it is still hard to grasp the fact that he is gone. Every mile I go now is truly dedicated to him. He is such an inspiration to me!

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool, Katie! You truly inspire me, Girl. And, what a sweet way to honor him, by spending time bettering yourself and working on a closer relationship with Jesus.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, how inspiring you are! To go through this tremendous loss, and seek comfort in God's presence.

    ReplyDelete