Friday, February 4, 2011

TEAM Brown

I CANNOT believe I haven't updated my blog all this time. It just goes to show how dedicated I am to my training I guess....or that I have a life other then my blogs....(thank goodness I was starting to worry about me).
I have been so faithful with my diet, food journal and workouts!
#1 thing that is helping is having my work schedule adjusted during this time. It doesn't make my days with the kids as easy cause we have time restrictions. BUT I am not napping all the time either.
The workouts with the trainer (Jason) have been so much harder then I ever imagined. The first day about 5 minutes in I was ready to quit. We did all kinds of things I have never done before in the gym with weights and machines.
We had our first official weigh in on Tues this week. It was about a week and half from the first weigh in. I weighed in 7.6 pounds down!!! It felt incredible!! I cant even explain what it is like to finally break through the wall I was at for a year I couldn't get below!
I earned and worked off every pound. I made huge changes in my diet and counted every calorie. I said no to so many things I would have totally eaten before. The whole counting calories has been truly eye opening!! I had no idea how much I had been eating before. I would think in my head well I worked out today I can eat this and that....no way!! Calories are like money and you have to spend wisely!!
The first few days I had those baby showers and was sort of figuring it all out but on Monday of week one was when the food journal started "officially". The first day I was just under 1600 cals then day to around 1500...once I started to see how things worked I was able to make a 1200 calorie a day plan. 1200 is the MINIMUM for a woman (according to the nutritionist). If you spend smart and plan right that can be 3 very filling meals and 2 snacks.
I still have a lot to learn but I the process is amazing!
TEAM brown WON the first weigh in of the challenge. It was great to be #1 I just hope we keep it up. I really have my eye on the end goal which is to loss weight of course BUT I want to be the biggest loser AND the winning TEAM. I can't wait to do these next few races lighter, leaner and stronger!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment