Sunday, January 22, 2012

Karaoke



My next fundraiser event was seemingly a great idea. I was hoping for an incredible success...but you never really know until its over. I did my best to promote and invite people. Some of the challenges I faced was it was a Monday night and didnt start until 9pm. I wasn't sure people would come out.






I got all set up on my end with a few raffles prizes I bought raffle tickets and donation stations (plastic containers with labeled with the TNT LLS logos).






I got down to the Harp early talked with the bartender and got him to make a signature drink for the evening "the Lavagirl" I loved that idea (although I didnt actually have one myself, I tasted it and it was delicious).








The bar was empty until the first few people arrived right at 9pm.



Just as it was time to start pretty much the worst thing ever happened...the amplifier for karaoke blew up! Smoke & all!!! So the Karaoke host Laura Jean came out and gave me the bad news.

There was not going to be any karaoke at my karaoke fundraiser...
I was so upset! She said the only hope would be if her boyfriend could get another amp and get it out there...luckily that happened!! BUT after an hour and half. It was so hard to watch as people arrived with this puzzled look on their face saying "where is the karaoke". I was lucky everyone was understanding, still bought raffle tickets and we did some giveaways while we waited.
When karaoke finally started it was A BLAST! Everyone got really into it and I did it I finally got up and sang my first karaoke song!
I am telling you it was just as hard as most the training I have been doing!
I had fun with it and just went for it.
The highlight of the night for me was the very end of the night when they had everyone get up and sing the last song together. Everyone had a really good time with it and got into the spirit.
The fundraising was very successful despite the mishap and I made $175 cancer fighting bucks!















No comments:

Post a Comment