Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Lots to write about!!!!!

I haven't even really been slacking like I usually do on my blog (don't look at my other all but abandoned fish blog)...& here I am with so much to catch up on!
Not sure if this will be one looooong post or if I will break it up.
Saturday's training in my opinion was going to be the toughest one yet (pretty sure I said that about the first brick we did the week before).
This week we met at the familiar fletcher cove in solana beach, we were to ride up (yes UP) to lake hodges (about 12 miles) then run 2-4 miles & ride back.
The ride was on a narrow windy road with NO BIKE LANE. It the went up a HUGE hill (mountain really) to the lake. Coach says before we ride this will actually be harder then our ride during the race.
I am SO glad the training has gently introduced more & more challenges. Had we done this ride any sooner I do not think I could of made it. Instead I felt confident about starting & stopping as we rode through stop light after stop light that turned red. I was not applying the death grip to my brakes on the downhills. The road was really sketchy & I didn't feel fearful at all (cautious yes of course). The last part up to the dam was SO HUGE! That part was seriously insane! I really wasn't sure I was going to make it to the top...it seemed impossible!!! The wind was CRAZY! It was cold too! The weirdest thing was the wind was pushing so hard I was having to pedal on the downhill parts!!!!
It was so tough getting to the lake I wasn't sure how I was going to run! My legs felt dead! I changed shoes & took off. I must say I was pleasantly surprised at how I did! It's confirmed I love running...it just feels so good! We ran along a trail and I went out just over 1.5 miles & back. I don't wanna brag or get cocky but I think Im a little better in that sport then a few people on the team (their cycling kicks my but though). It does feel good to be at least good at something!
I started to wonder if some people maybe didn't go all out on the run knowing we still had a ride ahead of us. I'm telling you when I got back to my bike my legs were DONE! I stalled a bit to catch my breath before taking off. I had no idea how I was going to make it back to my car! Surprisingly as I headed back it seemed so much faster! Probably helped I had to go DOWN the mountain. I am handling the down hills so much better. I had my little alone time on my way back as usual. It seriously seemed like no time at all I was back at the car & SO HAPPY I made it!!!!! Such a good feeling when I face a challenge I have no clue that I can do & then find myself finishing it better then I imagined

No comments:

Post a Comment