Monday, September 20, 2010

Boot Camp 2

The first hurdle I had was how to go to a 530am class when there is no childcare @ gym until 8am & the kids are with me not their Dad. The thing with going to the gym before the kids are dropped off or in this case wake up is it leaves the rest of my day for homeschool & everything else I got going on! AND I wanted to see what this class was all about since my first experience was "run day". Class starts out with a jog in a circle around the gym. Then a grapevine or crossover/behind back and forth about 6 times. Then a weight bar os grabbed & one row of lunges, followed by a row of running with the bar about your head (again 6 lengths of gym total). Next was a crawl on hands and legs, followed by kicks back and forth across. Then everyone did jumping jacks until everyone was done. THIS was the WARM UP!!!!!!!!
I was ready to walk the heck outta there declaring boot camp is NOT for me!!!
These boot camp people are so fit! They do this stuff with such ease (there were a few new people like me BUT I was definitely the most over weight and slowest of all).
So then we partnered up and did push-ups with a hand clap with our partner inbetween, followed by dips on the stage! This was so hard my arms felt like they would fall off!!
Next we lined up and did 5 push ups followed by some sort of frog hop things then jump as far as you can. This was VERY challenging for me & I was well behind everyone else. So everyone finished as I was struggling with my set. So they were all WATCHING ME & WAITING!!! My back is to them thank God. But I can't imagine what I looked like from that angle! The whole class actually cheered me on as I struggled and struggled wo the end. I must say the courage to do this comes only from God because not for a second did I worry about the embaressment & just focused on doing my best! The next drill used bands and the partner holds you back and you shuffle sideways back and forth! Next the partner holds the bands as you crawl across and then sprint back as they pull against you 2 times!! The next one was a side crawl on all fours back and forth which I skipped cause I was too wiped out.
Then we worked on abs! We did 2 one minute intervals of sit ups, then 2 one minutes intervals of side to side leg lifts, then one interval of lay on your back and lift your whole body to shoulder up.
And that was it class over & time to stretch WHEW
This was hands down the hardest class I have ever taken BUT I LOVED IT! I'm very proud of how I did! I am definitley going to go back! I think my new goal is going to be to master boot camp & power hour!
I know this will definitely take me to a new level! I just wish I could eat better I bet I would drop weight like no ones business!!
Tomorrow: 5:30a power hour!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I am exhausted reading your posts! I love reading them... I just wish they inspired me more then made me think I could never..... :-) Keep it up you are doing amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its me Mike. Wow is all I can say. That sounded so intense. I had anxiety just reading it. I'm so proud of you!! Great work. You are an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete