Wednesday, September 22, 2010

im in pain! serious unexplainable pain!

So I have now learned it is not just about surviving Boot Camp class & the asthma attack that follows BUT you also must survive the unimaginable pain that follows!
The whole day after I was sore all over! My knee was hurting (I was limping). I kept trying to walk around, stretch and keep from getting stiff.
About the knee thing...that same knee would hurt from time to time during my training. It always seemed to go away (as it did this time) I imagine 6 or so years from now it will be the knee that needs surgery or replacement when I'm much older!
I knew there was no way I was doing the power hour class Tues! I planned to go to the pool for early morning laps. Seemed like. A good way to get loosened up, get a light cardio workout! The part of the plan where I failed was setting my alarm OOPS!
I went easy on myself & took the day off! I could not take my shirt off with out pain! I was so uncomfortable at work! Every move of my upper body resulted in pain! I was very close to tears! Somewhere during my sleep I finally felt some relief (thank you God for answering my middle of the night prayer).
Today was a different story! Its Boot Camp wednesday RUN DAY! I have not forgotten the run last week that nearly killed me! I did not sleep well at all! So when 5am came it was an epic battle of self talk! I could stay in my wonderful bed & sleep! But if I get up and go I will be so glad I did after! Everything still hurts from Monday what if it hurts too bad & I can't do it. I knowledge that if I don't keep going it is not gonna get easier won out!
I did make a protein shake on my way out the door. Protein & glutamine was recommending to aid with recovery which my mix has in it.
So todays run was a flat 2 miles. Everyone runs so fast! I can only keep my pace that I know and love! My partner from Mondays class (crystal) stayed with me. I was still dead last except for one lady who was new & dropped back a few times. We got back to the gym with 40minutes left to get our boots kicked!!!!!
This portion of the class was very similar to Mondays class! We did knee raises & butt kicks back & forth across the gym followed by drills with out partner.
We did arm pulls with the bands (partner holds for resistance), then drag them across the gym. We did that 2 times! Then a row then drag 2 times! My arms finally were feeling a little better and this totally was wiping them out!
Then we did push ups followed by crab crawls back & forth!
Next we grabbed a weight bar & did squat jumps back and forth again I was so slow & challenged everyone was watching & waiting for me. I did sort of a hallf-ass job at all the drills! I know they say push through the pain but I really did all I could muster up! Then we did that frog, plank hop thing that killed me Monday!!! I barely could move!
Next he said OK we are doing suicides! REALLY!!! Something called suicides?!?! Its totally officially true you HAVE to be insane to do this!!!
Suicides are sprints back and forth from blocks on the floor. You run to the closest one and back, then the next furthest and so on. It was a race & the first five teams back were free. Free from what? Well I found out about lumber jacks, push ups and luckily the third round we didn't finish last!
Then it was 12 minutes of abs. A lot of people left @ 630a even though class goes until 640a. I must sat a lot of people we sitting between drills (one dude was laying down). It is not just tough for me this stuff is gnarly!!
My partner left and I stayed and made my best pathetic attempt @ abs.
Stretching & class dismissed!
I am glad I went! Even though my whole upper body hurts! I know that as I keep going I will find the drills become easier & I will be faster! I also dream of being lighter and looking better!
I'm making a mental commitment to go for 6 months & see what happens! As I left class today I was thinking what a better triathlete I will be if I am stronger, leaner and more fit!!!

1 comment:

  1. You know, there is such a thing as working out too much. Being injured is not good for you. You've gotta ease into this stuff.

    ReplyDelete