Friday, September 3, 2010

why am I doing this?!?!

That is what I keep asking myself...
My personality is sort of I will try most anything once, I'm always down for a new experiance or adventure BUT triathlete...I keep thinking what the heck has come over me.
What I have come to realize just in this last week is how different I feel! When we were at the beach last week I got there before our friends with my kids, immeadiately I ran down to the water with the kids and started playing with them-I promise you last year I would have sat on my butt & watched from a shady spot the whole day. Then I went to a concert (in the lawn area) I jumped & danced all night long :D same thing a year ago I would have sat on the lawn to watch the show. My friends kid got stuck on the play structure & I climbed up EASILY, and got him down. All these things that I seriously was to lazy & out of shape to do! WOW
I wish I could have been better on the dieting aspect cause I'm kinda a big girl that's in good shape HAHA!
I have so much pride & self confidence in myself (not my looks) and what I can & have acheived that I don't mind so much.
I can't remember a specific time that God said "become a triathlete" (said in my head in a loud booming looming voice). But I'm sure this is His will for my life right now. There is no way I have the dedication or will within myself alone to do this or accomplish what I have done.
Getting a little personal here: I came out of my marriage so broken, full of pain I can't even explain, no self worth or self esteem. Now I feel empowered, beautiful, worthy & HAPPY!!! & its not because of swimming, cycling or running it's because when I'm in the water, on the bike, running God has been there, encouraging me, helping me, carrying me, making promises He won't break to me, loving me, completing the work He started in me.
There is a spiritual aspect to this that I needed. Thank God that my friend asked me to do that first race.
I still am not sure why triathlon/triathlete I feel nuts most days but there is something about the finishline. The feeling you get is hard to describe but I look forward to the moment (in 9 days) when I cross it & can say I DID IT!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I step away from the blogging world for about a week, and here you have posted 4 new articles!!! Check you out! I'm loving the blog! These last 4 posts were a GREAT read! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie! Wow, did not expect to read this post and feel TOTALLY convicted. Thank you for sharing, Sweetie...I think, lol

    xoxo,
    V

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not expect to write this post!!!! It was a moment of self realization that I was not expecting to share. I've realized that we can all do things we never thought possible when we truly just lay down our junk, grab hold of God's hand and say take me where You would have me to go. And I guess in my case it is out for a run, ride or swim where I have nothing but worship and time to give Him :)

    ReplyDelete