Wednesday, September 1, 2010

12 days until race day!!!

As the race QUICKLY approaches my trainings have been longer & harder. One good this is my kids Dad was able to take them a little later the last few days. Saturday I finally went on my long bike ride. I was shooting for 2 hrs but didn't have enough time so I tried to get in 20 miles & again ran outta time. I did make 15 miles. My butt hurt so bad all I could think is how people do longer races?!?!
Monday since I had some kid free time, I decided to do my bike/run training at Mission Bay. My first tri I had the hardest time getting around the backside of Fiesta Island. The wind was so strong! I was determined to conquer that island. I ended up getting around it 3 times!!! About 70 min ride. Then I got off & ran for 30min (about 2.5miles). It is the weirdest sensation to run when your legs are so fatigued. I don't even know if I would call it running. It is more like wobbling. I was truly exhausted after that....in fact I came home & passed out. But if I did that Monday no reason I can't do it race day. Sure I gotta swim 500 meters before getting on the bike in frigid water but I bet I can do it!

Today was one of the first times I was truly unmotivated. I didn't want to get up. When I finally did & got to the pool. Every lane was full. Exactly the excuse I needed to turn around & leave. The thing is I knew better & just headed to the other Y location. I was then grumpy about the water complaining it was gonna be cold. Turns out it was warm, my swim went awesome.
Tomorrow I will probabaly do my long run for the week. I'm nervous/scared/excited for race day :)

1 comment:

  1. Seriously? You didn't drive home? OK, you really, really are being used to convict me.

    ReplyDelete