Wednesday, September 29, 2010

i hate boot camp......i love boot camp

I did not want to get up after 4 hours of sleep & go to boot camp today. I knew that having not done ANY physical activity for A WHOLE WEEK & the terrible eating habits I continue to have I knew it was gonna be tough!
I got up made my protein shake & headed off. I kept reminding myself I would be glad I went AFTER!
Got to class knowing it was "run day" & thinking the odds of it being the flat run were slim.
My boot camp buddy Crystal was there & I told her how concerned I was. She said the hill run I experienced before was not the worst! Goshen she said was HARDER! I knew today would be Goshen. Sure enough it was :( Goshen is not as long as the other hill but steep and it sort of has 3 levels.
I didn't make it too far up it before I had to walk. NOTE TO SELF: get inhaler & bring to boot camp. I was breathing so hard!!! Then we ran to the stairs that nearly killed me @ first BC. & he said 3 sets?!?! I crawled up on time & back down. Pulled myself up a second time by the railing & didn't make a 3rd trip.(I was mad I quit & told myself never again-even is I die of asthma or puke)!!
Then we ran down the hill back to the gym & did drills & abs!!
Eventually I will get pictures somehow because I don't know how to describe all we do!
I really pushed myself! I'm definitely giving my all to this for 6 months! I know it is gonna help me with my triathlons!
About that tri-kate is gonna announce her next race soon! My cousin in Colorado (shout out) also races she sent me a list of her plans for the year. I am going to pick one of those to join her AND some local sprints. Also while I thought the 2011 lavaman olympic distance was in my future I think this next year will be about improving my sprint times then 2012 I will join Team in Training & go for it!! That is my plan now we will see how life reveals God's plan!!

2 comments:

  1. Wouldn't most major health enthusiasts insist you get more sleep??? You scare me. Oh and yes I would love to see pictures too.

    ReplyDelete